Monday, January 12, 2009

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS


My 2009 New Years resolutions are:
- to drink more champagne,
- learn how to use EQ6 properly,
- start designing and piecing in metric measurements.
I started a Yahoo group called Metric Quilters. If you are interested, come on over, we'll see what we can do with this group going.
So far I'm doing alright in all three resolutions. I've found that quilting and bubbly go well together. I got an early start and have been very productive since Christmas Day. Five kiddie quilt UFO's two years overdue are now ready to go to my quilter, I have designed a small mystery quilt soon to go on the net with the MQ group, and I have also sort-of designed and made three other single bed quilt tops. Today, 12th January 2009, I have been piecing a quilt I cut yesterday (with my wonderful Westalee Rulers). It's in earthy tones, a batik bird print in multi-colours with some of my 'Precious Collection' hand-dyes. I'm calling it "Windmills & Paddocks". It's pinwheels and fourpatch.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Del, You did good,girl. Welcome to the world of blogging. I think you will become addicted as I have done.

    Keep up the good work and remember lots of photos. Love you heaps
    BFN Lorraine H

    ReplyDelete