Saturday, August 15, 2009

The black and blue quilt is from last month. It was made for a dog-lover friend
of my s-i-l, Dawn. The friend was/is a good one and was wonderful when Dawn's
husband Ron was so ill before he died in 2007. It's called 'Puppy Love'. Very unimaginative of me, eh?

The 'Better Than A Bunch of Flowers' quilt was handed over this afternoon. I
have just got off the phone with the lady I made it for.
Some of you might remember the news story a couple of months ago about a crash
on the road going up the mountain to Oberon. A 4WD towing a caravan was coming
down the hill and lost it, and drove up over a Mazda car. The driver of the
Mazda is the wife of one of the guys I work with in the ACMU. We have done a lot
of shifts together over the years. So I made her a 'quicky quilt' (which has
taken me a month to finish!) She is home from hospital now but still in a
wheelchair with lots of rehab ahead of her. So I made a lap quilt, with no
batting, just polar fleece as the backing. It will drape/wrap nicely around her
legs. I called it 'Better Than A Bunch of Flowers.' It's 6.5inch squares of
tulip fabric and Nine-patches. It turned out brighter (busyer) than I thought it
would.
Cheers
D
for done good!

No comments:

Post a Comment