Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Flaunt - Latest Phd.



This is what I have been doing today.
It is intended as an exercise in Disappearing Nine Patch.
I have put together, totally at random, 25 Nine Patch blocks.

The main fabrics are a 'collection' I bought a couple of months ago, wish I could remember where, cause I am going to need to find something to border and bind this quilt when it is finished.

I added a few more fabrics, mainly hand-dyes, there was only 1 h-d in the collection, the mid blue.
Now I have to cut them into quarters.

Don't know who this quilt will belong to. Nobody springs to mind as I make it.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I'll put my hand up for it!! My colours - you should see what I'm wearing right now! Purple over purple tops with blue jeans and purple socks!!!!

    That quilt is going to look beautiful when finished. Very nice flaunt.

    Hugz

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours Dee, will be interesting when it's been quartered and re-stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping in. It's nice to know somebody did.

    I like purple too, just haven't 'done' it with these other colours before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's for me I love purple so does daughter and grand daughter I have purple nail polish on at the moment no purple clothes as I have my gym clothes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Fran, beat me - I don't do nail polish! Del you are doing such a good job - keep going!!!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete