Friday, April 30, 2010

FRIDAY FLAUNT – I HAVE BEGUN ‘A GARDENERS JOURNAL’.

Well, I finally have a stitching/quilting FF to share with you all. It’s been a long time.
Remember that needlecase I showed you a few weeks ago,  - - - the Annie Downs one, - - - well I made a few more of them. One with one of her stitcheries on it and two with machine embroidery on them, - - - well I enjoyed those little projects so much that I decided to embark on something a bit bigger.
I like to have something to hand sew while I am at work on the night shift. I had bought a quilt kit for myself with applique and piecing while I was on hols in February, but couldn’t start it when I wanted too because there was a bit of a delay in me receiving the pattern/instruction book.
So, I had to find something else to do.
I had bought Annie Downs’ ‘A Gardeners Journal’ book so I could use a couple of her little stitcheries on some more needlecases and while I was looking through it, I thought “ this quilt is really nice.  I think I might give this a go.” This also gives me a chance to use a chockie tin full of embroidery threads one of my work mates gave me. His wife died a couple of years ago and when he was going thru the cupboards he found a whole lot of her sewing gear which he passed on to me. I’m using threads from this chockie tin instead of Annie’s thread colour recommendations. Don’t know what fabric I’ll end up with for the pieced part of the quilt. Will work that out when I get to it.
Here’s a picture of those I have finished so far.
April Sts 005
I have decided that all the ladies in the stitcheries will have red of-some-colour hats.

7 comments:

  1. Your floss colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them. Stitcheries do get a bit addictive. rather like blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, and you've done so many!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they will look great when all done. Aren't stitcheries a lovely way to pass your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your "no reply" on the comments but i found you........you would be welcome to join the SAL for GJ......email me my contact is on the top left of the SAL blog..........

    Oh and have a lovely time at your SCQuilters retreat this weekend.........

    ReplyDelete