Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friday Flaunt – Three more Needle Cases

I finally sewed the ribbon fastener onto the 4th needle case last night (wed). I forgot to put the button loop into the seam when I was stitching the outside & inside together and since I have hand stitched these NCs entirely I didn’t want to snip the seam and slip it in. So I used ribbon. I think it looks good. The only machine work is the cotton reel and word embroidery on 2 of them. Any opportunity for a play with the embroidery machine.
I really thought my embroidery days were in the past but helping Liz with her ongoing NZ postcards quilt project in Feb when I was visiting her, seems to have rekindled my interest. And I’m rather taken with these Anni Downes stitcheries and have started on the embroidered panels/block for her ‘garden’ quilt. I have no idea what fabric I will use for the rest of the quilt top as that is waaaaay down the track as yet. It will give me an excuse to visit her shop again and again while I decide. I like the idea that this talented woman has her shop “The Home Patch” in my town.
Here’s the photos.

4 comments:

  1. Dee, your needle cases are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous...but what will you do with three?

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all earmarked for my sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dee!

    How fortunate for me that you landed on my blog. It is so nice to meet you! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful shop to be able to go to. I really adore all of Annie's patterns. They are really hard to come by here in the US. As a matter of fact, all of my favorite designers are from Australia. I am not a good traveler but one day I plan on going to Australia, I have always wanted to visit.

    Currently I am working on another of Hatched and Patched designs called The Gardener's Journey". I look forward to seeing your Garden quilt come alive, I hope you plan on sharing it on your blog. I am going there now to bookmark it to keep in touch.

    Your needle cases are wonderful. I need to put this on my list of things to do.

    Have a great day!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete