I finally sewed the ribbon fastener onto the 4th needle case last night (wed). I forgot to put the button loop into the seam when I was stitching the outside & inside together and since I have hand stitched these NCs entirely I didn’t want to snip the seam and slip it in. So I used ribbon. I think it looks good. The only machine work is the cotton reel and word embroidery on 2 of them. Any opportunity for a play with the embroidery machine.
I really thought my embroidery days were in the past but helping Liz with her ongoing NZ postcards quilt project in Feb when I was visiting her, seems to have rekindled my interest. And I’m rather taken with these Anni Downes stitcheries and have started on the embroidered panels/block for her ‘garden’ quilt. I have no idea what fabric I will use for the rest of the quilt top as that is waaaaay down the track as yet. It will give me an excuse to visit her shop again and again while I decide. I like the idea that this talented woman has her shop “The Home Patch” in my town.
Here’s the photos.