Monday, May 3, 2010

SOUTHERN CROSS QUILTERS’ BANNER

Here’s a Top Secret project I have been working on.
It’s a ‘venue’ banner for the SCQuilters’ Retreat being held here in Bathurst this weekend.

It will be hanging up at the gate to the Goldfield Conference Centre on Thursday morning so it will be real easy for people to see where the drive is. Then when everyone has arrived on Friday it will be hung inside the venue somewhere so everyone can have their photo taken in front of it. I’ve got a smaller banner that attaches to the bottom saying “Bathurst 2010” so it will be easy to pick which year these photos belong to. 
The idea of this banner is that it will be passed on to the next committee to be hung at their retreat venue, (but they will have to make the town and year add-on piece themselves) and then they will pass it on etc.
The yellow fabric used is specially designed SCQuilter fabric that used to be available a few years ago, but is no longer made. I’m afraid I can’t remember the name of the two ladies that used to dye and print it. Some one will remind me, - - - was it Ami & Michelle ???
That’s Heathers tank stand that’s it’s hanging on for the preview this morning.
I am very pleased with it and very proud of it.
See you SCQuilters soon.

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the banner. Well done. I'll be thinking of you girls all in Bathurst when I didn't make it, boohoo. Have a drink to me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Well done!
    Munaiba

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to have missed it, it would have one of the best!! Have a complete and utter ball. The banner is •:*¨¨*:•F A N T A S T I C•:*¨¨*:•

    Hugs
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete