Saturday, July 31, 2010

Time Off

I've managed to get a few weeks off so I can ferry Rod around to his doctor's appointments - he's not allowed to drive for a while and generally keep an eye on him for a while. So things are going to be a bit tight around here for the next month or so.
He's going well with quitting smoking - hasn't had one since the heart attack. Still has the urge as the psychological habit is the hardest to break when you have been smoking for 50 years. We are gradually sorting out docs appointments and hopefully a cardio rehab program for him. I want him around for a few more years so I am going to make sure he sticks to the program so to speak. He's grumpy a lot, usually with me, but that's ok. I'd rather have him grumpy than not at all.

Got on the scales for the first time in a while. Have gained weight.
Loosing motivation fast. Feel on the verge of totally pigging out all the time.
Feeling very down. Ho hum, woe is me.

3 comments:

  1. I need to lose weight, too. It is hard to stay motivated. Hang in there. You have made great progress! Look at that chart posted! Don't give up. You can do it!

    I was in Oz many years ago, when I did my student teaching. I love it. I was outside of Melbourne, thought I did visit Sydney. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Del! You can do it! I've been thinking of you and Rod but I knew you would be too distracted to have to answer emails or blog comments!

    Hugs - We are here if you need us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Del!!!! Hang in there..... It's just another hurdle, bit of a biggen, but just another hurdle.
    Rod has you as a sound board, you have your friends.....use them!!
    Big hugs for you
    XXX

    ReplyDelete