Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A MOBILE HOME WITH A DIFFERENCE.

I haven’t put up any photos in recent posts so while I was waiting at the docs today for Rod, I was having a bit of a think and decided that every now and then I will post a photo or two (or more) that I really like from my collection and tell you a bit about it/them.
Here’s the first one.
SthIsNZ0308 054
This is a mobile home we saw during our South Island campervan trip in 2008. It was amazing! And what’s even more amazing, it wasn’t the only one we saw. Each was as individual as this one is. We stopped and had a chat with the guy in the photo, for the life of me I can’t remember his name right now, but his name was just as ‘different’ as his house.
SthIsNZ0308 059
They had a full sized oven in the kitchen, a pot bellied stove in the lounge room, a computer in the study, and two upstairs bedrooms.
Around the other side he had french doors opening off the loungeroom.
SthIsNZ0308 057
They have travelled all over NZ doing odd jobs as they go and said they have a wonderful life. No doubt about that, he was one of the happiest people I have ever met.
I like the way the other expensive campervan sits beside it, totally out-shone and up-staged.
  SthIsNZ0308 058

4 comments:

  1. A friend and I were just talking about making your own happiness in life and these photos really sum that up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats better than the one we saw in Kunnunura, theirs was a camper trailer must find the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's certainly something, isn't it! Makes our caravan look very ordinary indeed. It is certainly a wonderful way to see the country - roll on retirement so we can get away a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple Underwood.


    That was his name.

    ReplyDelete