Monday, December 1, 2014

28/11/14 Camped at Esperance.

28/11/14 Camped at Esperance.
Friday. 
Both slept very well and awake fairly early. This is not like me. I am not a morning person, it has to stop! But when I work out what time it is back in NSW, it's around the same time as I usually begin to stir so my body clock has not adjusted like Rod,s has. Shame that. So, since it was fairly overcast and cool,  i  rolled over and went back to sleep and Rod went off to do the laundry. 
When I did get up it was just starting to spit so we decided to set up the awning and put the laundry and us under that for the day. 

It hardly took any time at all to get the awning out this time, we're like a well greased wheel. Almost. We are very pleased with ourselves. High fives it this morning. 
I set up with my power board and the table to do my writing outside. I've still got a lot of catching up to do and publish to my blog. I'm going to have to reorganize how I do this so that I don't have to fiddle about so much re inserting photos each time I copy and paste what I have written in my iPad notebook over to the blogger editor. 

Everything was Jus Perfek. We have said that sooooo many times during this trip. And it's true! 

What's that I hear?  . . . . . . Was that Thunder?  . . . . . . and hark, I hear the pitty patter of gentle rain. It Didn't stop us from having breakfast outside on the 'veranda'. Ah the serenity ! 
But the thunder rolled on louder and the rain came pelting down.

So we washed the dishes. 

And there's is a duck in that photo. 
After lunch of sausages and tomato, yes we are still eating our pre-quarantine cook-up, since the rain had stopped and the sun had come out, we decided to have a look around town and check out the museum. We used up a few hours there. Once again , like in Gulgong, I could have started volunteer work there today. 

I particularly liked this pilot boat. She looks as if she could have been a good craft to sail in. Bet there's lots of wonderful stories she could tell. 

I also found a sewing circle. She looked as if she was having a bit of trouble with her quilting so I had a look to see if I could help. She had the pressure foot up. I put it down and promptly got told, DONT TOUCH. Huff!  . . . . I actually know what I'm doing around these old machines and could have given them all a check up  . . . . . For free! 


Esperance museum also has a very nice cascade of rememberance poppies all crocheted or sewn. 
There's a 'village' of old buildings there at the museum too. Some of them are shops for various 'modern' things, but still nicely presented.
There was also a collection of old home movies showing on continuous loop inside the museum, which I could have sat and watched all the way thru. The commentator certainly knew what and who he was talking about. He was identifying different people at the local ag Shows of the 50s. And there's little tommy Jones jr enjoying a toffee apple, he must have been a good boy, etc. very endearing, enjoyable. 
We've decided to do the bikkies and dips and bits thing for tea again tonight, both of us have enjoyed a day of less events. And we are both ready for bed. Tomorrow we have to decide if we are going to stay another day. I think so, I want to go along that Ocean Drive again to get some photos. 
Night all.
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment